Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Hello Courage....

The first piece for 2007, my eighth acrylic painting....
Untitled...
Acrylic on canvas textured paper with sprinkles of silver dust all over
slightly bigger than A3 Size
........................
A few days ago, I was sorting out some of my old stuff left in my parents' old house
and found this piece of paper,
torn from a very, very old book...
I took this page out at that time (maybe 7 years ago) for the words inside....
and today, even on the first day of work for the year,
I've already witnessed tears, anger, dissapointments, fear.....
and I suddenly remembered that piece of paper with the following words inside....
Lord,
When tensions build up
on the job
and pressures at home
begin to mount
and life becomes
almost too much to bear
I sometimes get scared
I get the urge
to run away and hide...
The next time I waver
or grow faint-hearted
help me to stand firm
that having found
the source of strength
I may reach out to others
who may be
just
as
scared
as
I
.
.
.
A Prayer For Courage....
taken from a book of poems, but I'm sorry I cannot remember what the title was....

12 comments:

Novel Nymph said...

You've reminded me why I have difficulty throwing things out--when I can be inspired by something I might have been inspired by almost a decade ago...

SY said...

Oh Constance what a lovely image - one I particularly needed to start the year off. Courage indeed. Thank you.

--Shuku
http://shukuen.blogspot.com

Lyrically speaking said...

This painting is as beautiful as you are inside Constance, I enjoyed reading this. I would carry that piece of paper with me everywhere I go...for courage

malaƱo said...

gracias por visitar mi blog
me gusta mcho tu trabajo, se vew muy fresco y personal
gracias

Quang said...

hello...your list of asian movies below looks very interesting. recently, i saw a korean movie called "daisy" about a young artist who fell in love with a man she thought was the person who had been delivering daisies to her shop everyday--who she has been waiting all this time, but--as these things usually have a twist, the daisy fellow is someone else. very interesting movie. i highly recommend it.

Potato Print said...

Good morning Constance,

This is such a stunning image, rendered even more so by the story and the prayer that you added.

I find that the people around me are much stronger than they think they are. It all comes out when the heat is on.

I'll look forward to your next beautiful creation!

lx said...

lovely start to the new year, constance ;-)

Alina Chau said...

THese recent two of your character illos are beautiful. The girls are full of spirit and elegant!

getzapped said...

So lovely is this painting and most encouraging the words of being true to oneself and believing in hope. I really needed this today. So, thank you.

constance said...

oh thank you everyone :) and I'm really glad to have shared this prayer with you all....

Jessica Wong said...

Beautiful words of courage.

luisa brehm said...

sooooooo beautiful, Constance !!!
great to begin the year !!!
courage and hope is what we need to go on fighting .....
kiss kissesssssss ;-))))