Tuesday, December 26, 2006

I'm back :)

Hello! I've been away and had only a few mintues on some days to be near a computer! Anyway, I've been really busy helping my parents pack and move in to their new house! So now, I'm quite good at it :D Need packers or movers anybody? :D
I've been tagged by one of my favourite illustrator - Majeak Ann (Marjorie)!!!!! Oh, I really love her works as they are very magically beautiful and inspiring! Do visit her website if you haven't and I'm sure you'll agree with me!
Ok, Marjorie, here goes:
4 Jobs I’ve had:
1. A 'telephone operator' for a night for a one time call-in contest in an agency when I was 14.
2. Confidential/Private Secretary (I still cannot believe I wore those short skirts and high heels!!!!!)
3. English Conversation Teacher in a language centre to a group of 15 year old teenagers.
4. Public Relations Executive
4 movies I could watch over and over:
1. Forest Gump
2. Summer Snow (Nui Yan 40 - in cantonese) This is a very inspiring and realistic movie that I watched many years ago about how a middle aged woman handles the challenges in her life, at work and especially the family, how she took care of her father in law who's suffering from Alzheimer’s disease....
3. Red Rose and White Rose - (Hong Mei Gui Bai Mei Gui - in mandarin) A movie set in the olden times in china of a man who fell in love with 2 women.....I'm against extra marital affairs but I love this movie for the settings, the mood...
4. Any Old Bottles To Sell? (The translation from a chinese dialect title - movie in mandarin) - A story of a poor mute man who collects old bottles to sell/recycle....about how he raised and loved an adopted girl just like his own daughter.....who became a very famous singer....I cried the most watching this movie....(I'm afraid I can't find the link to this movie at all......)
4 places I’ve lived in:
Oh dear.....I've never lived anywhere else (for a long period of time, i.e.) besides Kuala Lumpur, and few days every year in Penang (4 hours' drive from Kuala Lumpur)
4 TV shows I love or loved:
1. LOST (recent)
3. Samurai Jack! (Yup! I love the colours and animation style of this)
4. Family Ties
4 places I’ve vacationed:
.....I would really really love to visit other countries, especially Russia, Moscow....but unfortunately I have a very bad 'moving height' phobia ! I'm trying to overcome my fear and hopefully, I'll be able to fly once again....my first was to Kuching, Sarawak - East of Malaysia

4 websites I visit daily
1. Drawn!
3. The Star Online (Online newspaper in Malaysia)
4. Random websites and blogs of wonderful illustrators!
4 of my favorite dishes:
1. Plain Smoked Salmon!
2. Chicken Pie (from DOME)
3. Curry Chicken
4. Chicken or Tiger Prawns cooked with wine!
Can I add in more? :D I do love raw oysters and cooked escargots with cheese too! I love to eat!
4 places I would rather be:
1. in the country of a great painter, being guided personally by him/her
2. Moscow, Russia....
3. Kuching again (if I could overcome the fear of flying).....for some reasons....
4. Back to the 20's or 30's in Shanghai, China or Japan...

9 comments:

Digital Scott's illustrationblog said...

Thanks, Constance, for your recent comment. Christmas wishes to you too! I think I just read your profile description for the first time... and indeed, your work is passionate, and powerful. I really, really enjoy your postings!

I started IF back in May to challenge myself. There are so many great illustrators to see, to learn from and to be challenged by. And you're one of them.

luisa brehm said...

i'm soooooooo glad you are back, Constance ;-))))))))
i see you have a big list, some wishes for 2007 ???
yes, i hope so and wish you a Wonderfuuuuuuuuuuuul one !!!
kissessssssssssss

getzapped said...

What a nice walk together, getting to know you. Your work expresses so much and this was an added delight. I'll check into the films you mentioned, if they are available in English subtitles.

Majeak Ann said...

it was great to know a little more about you Constance!'Thanks for being so wonderful to me!
*i sent you an email*
Love chicken curry too!
-Marjorie

malaƱo said...

este es un nuevo blg de ilustraciones, collage y bocetos.
visitalo y deja un comentario, si te de ganas
gracias

constance said...

Dear Marjorie! You're most welcome :) and I'm glad you love chicken curry too. I can have that 3 days in a row :D

You're most welcome, Digital Scott. And thank you too :) I've enjoyed your illustrations very much as well and I think I have a lot more to learn....

Hey Luisa! Ha! ha! no, that's not a big list of resolutions! but I've certainly noticed some things that I should change as I was typing this :) Sometimes, writing things down helps to put things into perspective....the 'unfiltered' look into oneself.

Thank you Getzapped :) I was worried that I might be a bore! But that's how I really am. Do check the films out and let me know what you think!

Malano, gracias :)

Lyrically speaking said...

This is a great post, getting to know an artist in and out is helpful especially if you're already an inspiration. I'm adopting you as my mentor :) cause' your art rocks!!

SY said...

Happy new year Constance! Hee, that list is definitely interesting reading. I think someone tagged me a loooooooong time ago, and I replied, but it kind of went by the wayside. Looking forward to see more of your work in 2007, certainly, and getting to know you (a'la The King and I).

--Shuku
http://shukuen.blogspot.com
(because Blogger Beta won't let me log in from Shuku, apparently. Bah!)

constance said...

Thank you! Lyrically speaking and Shuku!