Thursday, August 17, 2006

When I think of.....


When I listen to Pu Shu, I think of San Mau (a writer),
when I think of San Mau, I think of Enya,
when I think of Enya, I think of Marble Halls....
and when I think of Marble Halls....I think of.........
-----------------
Marble Halls - my favourite by Enya
I dreamt I dwelt in Marble Halls, with vessels and serfs at my side,
and of all who assembled within those walls, that I was the hope and the pride,
I had riches all too great to count, and a high ancestral name....
but I also dreamt which pleased me most,
that you love me still the same...
that you love me, you love me still the same.........
I dreamt that suitors sought my hand, that knights upon bended knee,
and with vows no maiden's heart could withstand,
they pledged their faith to me
and I dreamt that one of the noble host came forth my hand to claim...
but I also dreamt which charmed me most,
that you love me still the same,
that you love me, you love me still the same..........

9 comments:

kimi said...

like enya's hair~! ;) this lovely illo looks like CD cover, hehe...

CILENCIO NO SE CALLA said...

very good illustrations, I congratulate you, they are of a great sensibility and elegancia.Va a kiss in Cilencio

lx said...

whe i think of enya, i think of orinicco flow ... gosh, i need to go pee now :-D

Plus Ultra said...

Very good...and I was just giving up on linking with blogs on art, etc from malaysia

constance said...

Thank you kimi...I hope to see your own illustrations soon

Cilencio, Gracias! Your encouraging words are precious to me....gracias and saludos!

As for you Alex, you are a naughty boy! :D ha!ha!

Plus Ultra, I'm glad you like my illustrations - thank you so much...and I really hope you'll not give up on fellow malaysians...

Helen Wang said...

This is my very favoriate sone from Enya. Thanks for sharing!

Mauricio said...

hello Constance,

Wonderfull illustration, the light in the hair of the woman, nice!!!

Have a good weekend!

My best from brazil.

Diane Duda said...

this is so lovely! i love the color of her hair and i love the night sky! beautiful words as well.

adrienne said...

this is such a lovely illustration - the tilt of her head, the "fireflies" in the background...so elegant! (and i love the song too)