Thursday, August 10, 2006

Shaun Tan.....





Been thinking a lot lately...partly of my career, partly personal matters....
so I decided to go for a walk at KLCC after work, although driving there from the office is always crazy...
I went straight to PAGE ONE in KINOKUNIYA, to see if my postcards are still there....if there are any purchasers so far....
there were none left....I think I'll call the manager tommorow morning to check it out...I'll try not to assume anything....
And then I went to the children's section, as usual, to re-motivate myself, be re-inspired by all the great illustrators again, to pick myself up again...and I saw this book - The Lost Thing by Shaun Tan....and here I am now, writing this with the book beside me at home...when what I actually needed was a new lipstick.....some other day....some other day.....things like that can wait....
This is actually my second Shaun Tan book. I bought my first - The Red Tree almost 2 years ago........Do have a look at some of his works HERE.....
I think I'll go to bed early tonight....
but before I do...
here's something I'd like to share with you...
.............................................................
The cosmic dance
to celestial melodies
free form within patterns
of precise limitations
the painting i know so well
the canvas i want to learn
and perhaps someday....
the artist....
(From : How To Survive The Loss of A Love)

7 comments:

kimi said...

cool! must borrow his illo books to me ya~ ;) cya!~

Diane Duda said...

Visited Shaun Tan's website and The Lost Thing looks like a book that is going to have to replace something on my shopping list too. Thanks for the link.
Di

constance said...

Kimi, I'll bring it over to your place when I next visit Snowy oopps and you, ya! :)

Diane, Shaun Tan is just great don't you think? I really admire his paintings/collage works...If you're really going to buy a Shaun Tan's book, do get The Red Tree first...it's very meaningful and deep...and so beautifully illustrated! Do share with me your opinion on this book once you've purchased one!

V N said...

I just hope everything turns out to be perfectly well for u, soooooooooooooon! :)

~How To Survive The Loss of A Love~
Hmmmm...~~?!! :)

Bachja said...

Great site, keep up the good work!

constance said...

Hey thanks velu and Bachja!

Well, velu, I found that book many years ago when I really needed it! :D

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »