Wednesday, August 30, 2006

for Velu

To velu my friend, whose tag I've accepted....here goes......
I am thinking about:
how lucky most of us are to be where we are right now…to be able to breathe, to be able to talk, to be able to walk, to be able to think……to be able to see….and mostly, to be able to earn a living in an environment that enables you to do so, to be able to help others who have not been as lucky as us………I am thinking about…..how difficult it is to be simple……
I said:
I will, then I will……but if I say I won’t, then, I might!
I want to:
illustrate and write my own books for the children someday (especially those in need, abused, orphaned, handicapped)…to sprinkle some magic, to make them feel hopeful, to make them feel loved, that passion is more important than skills, to touch their hearts so, so that one day, they’ll grow up wanting to spread this magical feeling in them to others…..I want to spread love through art!
I wish:
I know the best way to comfort a friend who’s going through a very tough time right now….
I wonder:
when will I ever get the chance to visit Moscow…
I regret:
that I wasn’t as expressive when I was younger as I am right now….that I didn’t say those words that I should have said years ago…
I hear:
things! (Gosh! Velu, this is the hardest!)
I am:
woman (Hear Me Roar! Ha! ha!)
I dance:
to the tune: My Baby Just Cares For Me by Nina Simone – you’ll never be able to resist that intro! Believe me! Do, please do search for this song and enjoy it if you haven’t.
I sing:
when I’m driving! I have attracted loads of attention from other drivers, you know! Hey, whatcha lookin at? Ha! Ha! I sing when I shower as well! Poor neighbors, at least the drivers can’t hear me
I cry:
when I’m emotionally hurt, when the people I care hurt….
I am not:
good in cooking. Back home, whenever I cook, to relief my mom a bit, my papa will say: “oh…stance, you’re cooking? Err…just try not to burn them all!” Seriously…somehow, no matter how hard I try, at least one dish will be overcooked, if not burnt! Very rarely will my cooking looks edible!
I make with my hands:
some mess in the kitchen, so much so, I think they are apt to be called: UFOs (unidentifiable fried objects!)
I write:
very well in the early morning…..about 4am….I write even better, when I have a steaming hot cup of coffee in the other hand!
I confuse:
people around me……I’m a Confucious’ follower…..I am ‘The Confuser’……
I need:
2 lipsticks with different colours. I feel shy to admit that I’m never satisfied with just one colour. I have to mix!
………………..
favourite words from books I read:
(I'm not putting quotes as there are many good quotes that are easily accessible. So, I would like to share some paras from good books, which cannot be found on the net unless it's already in E-book form)
I have now learned that it is only in appearance that they are kept alive through care for themselves, but that in reality they are kept alive through love. He who dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him, for God is love.
“Siom!” “Ha?” “We are always giving; why doesn’t someone give to us?”
(Extracted from What Men Live By by Leo Tolstoy)
“Why do you tremble at me alone?” cried he, turning his veiled face round the circle of pale spectators. “Tremble also at each other! Have men avoided me, and man shown no pity, and children screamed and fled, only for my black veil? What has made this piece of crape so awful? When the friend shows his inmost heart to his friend, the lover to his best beloved; when man does not shrink from the eye of this Creator, loathsomely treasuring up the secret of his sin; then deem me a monster, for the symbol beneath which I have lived, and die! I look around me, and, lo! On every visage – a Black Veil!”
(from The Minister’s Black Veil by Nathaniel Hawthorne)

3 comments:

V N said...

WoW! Great job of the tag, Constance!! :)

I especially liked the 'I am thinking abt' line; how true indeed!! :) And I do hope that u get to visit Moscow soon, and find a way to comfort ur friend going thru a lean phase! :)

And ofcourse, u make with ur hands: wonderful creations on screen, awesome pics that sometimes just take one's breath away!! Just adding! ;) :)

Nathaniel Hawthorne's lines have a passion spread all over them, thats evenly enchanting. Fine lines!! :)

And ofcourse, u have a great day ahead!

Happy Hari Merdeka!!
:)

AscenderRisesAbove said...

regreat things didnt say when young... i sure understand that; but perhaps you had to find your voice too...

Anonymous said...

Happy Independence Day Constance!!!

yeah keep the singing in the car will u!!! ;-)

see u esok!

gorgeousone