Sunday, July 16, 2006

Walking Stick (Sacrifice) for IF


Ba Ba, how do you go to work?....
.........................
That was what I asked my papa when I was a little girl.
I always wonder, at that time, how is it possible that my father, who is blind,
finds his way to work....
how did he know if the bus has arrived, or if it's the right one...
and when it rains, where does he go for shelter...
when he gets on the wrong bus...what does he do...how does he feel.......
how about the passersby or others who waits at the bus stand? Were they kind to him?.....
...my papa never really answered me....I guess it was not always a smooth journey....
...but there's no answer required...
because I already knew it...and now that I'm a grown up, I treasure my papa and mama even more...
for what they've gone through for my 2 elder brothers and I....
for their sacrifice....
....the answer from my papa...could have been like this in his heart....
"Constance, I go to work with love....that's all....just love.....and with the help of my walking stick...."
................................
Treasure your parents...let them know that you love them....that you remember...

23 comments:

kimi said...

yea ur papa is a very kind man to everyone, a loving papa & good husband to ur family! ;) i respect him alots! pls send my warmest regards to him ya~ when i saw this illustration and the title, even i haven't read ur story, but i knew that u muz b talking about ur daddy~! i like ur story. :D

V N said...

as for ur parents, i am sure they shud be the luckiest persons alive, ~ for having a wonderful, doting and absolutely fantabulous daughter as u, who wudnt think twice before letting them know that U REALLY CARE!

a glorious tribute to parenthood, indeed!
:)

Kaya said...

I love your elegant, simple illustration. And your post was very moving, touching, well written. Thank you for sharing his story.

Diane Duda said...

This is a beautiful post and it touched my heart.

troglodyte mignon said...

very intense and touching

Kim Carney said...

Very touching story about a wonderful Papa! Thank you for sharing that.

michael dailey said...

very star imagery and lovley commetary bout ur dad

michael dailey said...

star should be stark sorry

Brandi said...

That is just such a heartful but sad story. Your father sounds like a very wonderful and brave man. Most of us take such things like this very much forgranted. Thanks for sharing this story and reminding me how lucky some of us truly are. Beautiful piece and story.

little panda said...

real simple line yet really nice.

Anonymous said...

me sob sob..

gorgeousone

Anonymous said...

constance wong,

i realised u'd mentioned in ur page that u are working in a very very corporate world. im very intrigued of to the extent of ur corporate sense/undertaking in this so called 'corporate' world.

however, pls draw me soon okay! yayyayaya....

gorgeousone

Majeak Ann said...

oh Constance...you write so BEAUTIFUL...
wow..it really moved me. THANK YOU for sharing, thanks for teaching us.it couldn't be more perfect.

Te aplaudo. (spanish)]
I also hope one day you share your magical experience, if you wish...but Im glad you told me, and it's enough.

*hug!!
Marjorie

Debbie said...

Constance you pencil drawing is beautifully elegant, and your writing brought a tear to my eye. Thank you for sharing.

georg said...

Thanks for a great story. Your father and your mother gave sacrifices, but I think, you and your brothers gave them a lot of pleasures too - that's how parenthood and childhood work.

A fine story and a wonderful image - thanks.

arvindh said...

Very touching! Great job!

constance said...

Thank you everyone...I went home to my parents for a while this evening, and shared with him what I've written...my papa smiled...a big ear to ear smile....for me...

Franfou said...

your poem is very poignant !!! some phrases that I will remember....

raksaksabiskut said...

constance, that is simply beautiful. thank you for sharing :)
am glad to learn that you shared it with him too. priceless!

lx said...

This is so simple yet poignant! Nice one, Constance ;-)

constance said...

Thanks franfou, rb and lx :)

miragee said...

Wow, deep story with a very simply illustration. I am touched by your dad's answer!

constance said...

thanks miragee :)