Sunday, July 02, 2006

3 Empty Cups

3 empty cups...one lonely me...
------------------------
to my dearest friends of 10 years....Angie, Ivy and Joey
We've boarded the same bus
10 years ago,
our journey was happy
our journey was sad
our journey was confusing
our journey was enlightening
We had a good time
in the same bus...
...but we have different destinations...
we have different dreams...
the bus have brought us this far...
we have enjoyed each other's company this far...
we know it don't we, that we'll someday go down at different stations?
we know it don't we, that we might soon part....
but until then,
let us enjoy each other
let us treasure this moment
let us continue to share our stories
till the last person gets down the bus...

17 comments:

Evelyn said...

Such a malancholic piece...

constance said...

I can't help it. Wrote and drew this after they left for home from my apartment...there were some unpleasant news...

Alexiev said...

Good...

Anonymous said...

wat news?

gorgeousone

raksaksabiskut said...

oh wow...this piece just tugs at my heart.

your work are amazing! i absolutely love them :)

constance said...

Thanks Alexiev and "Giant Biscuit"?
We have friends that we don't really want to lose don't we....

georgeousone: some sad and bad news...

Johnny said...

You also take care about the shape of the poem! I once tried to get the shape of a flower vase for a poem about rose.
Gr8 write

Anonymous said...

constance wong...

sumtimes macam tu lah kan..things just happen and fated...

sumtimes live is not easy tho we try to make it as easy as we can.

goods friends are hard to find..(as i have always been told :)!) so keep them near u, if not physical, close to ur heart and mind, its more than enuff....

ummmmmmm suddenly i am missing some ol frens...

gorgeousone

kimi said...

hey fren, wat happened le? i was sad about frend's too these few days, i wasn't happy too... anyway we've to keep our life going on rite? i will call u.

Delaleuverses said...

A very sweet dedication, I like the pic

Alina Chau said...

Lovely and poetic!!

Majeak Ann said...

precious words..love this and the drawing....so tender...so loving.
Thank you Constance.*~*

HUG.
Marjorie

lx said...

tis is so poignant ;-) love it!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

A wonderful - though sad - illustration. Looking forward to seeing more!

V N said...

Reminds me of someone, whom I had lost touch with years back. Someone whom I wish was still around.
:(

nosthegametoo said...

I struggle with figuring out how to fill the cups in my life.

I suppose the struggle is the lesson.

Rrramone said...

What a wonderful piece of writing. You have a gift!

And thanks for your kind comments at my blog. :-)