Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I'm Old! I'm an Antique!



I think, I'm an antique :)
I've always liked old things, old clocks, old tins....I'm really fascinated by all these. One of the many things that I collect are adverstisement posters from China/Shanghai, showing the beautiful women from those days...I love the mood of these posters.
The poster that you see on the RIGHT, is one of the many posters that I have....I really like this one, but I have another favourite that I might show later in this art blog....
So, why is there a duplicate with another face that you see on the LEFT? Tada! That's a challenge I set for myself...to blend in real photo into an illustrated image....especially on antique ones! To make the photo looks like part of the original. This is my first attempt actually...so here goes....that's me, the antique me....
Off course, nothing compares to the original! And who would in their right mind want somebody with my kind of look to appear in their advertisements! Ha! Ha!

14 comments:

Alina Chau said...

I was researching on old posters!! These are awesome!

constance said...

I'm glad you like old posters too :) They are great don't you think?

Anonymous said...

constance...

i think the postcards are great!!!

gorgeousone

kimi said...

hey friend, when can i've ur postcards? haha!! hey i was amazed!! ur antique poster is really looks like the original one oh! so cool le~! ;)

Anonymous said...

I can see you are really growing, more wisdom and more self-confident.. time really has an effect on people. It does not look so sad anymore, in fact, this time, the whole design look self-content and cheerful. I don't have a web page, I reckon, you know the busy body from UK.

constance said...

Oh this must be you Kay!

Delaleuverses said...

Very nice...I like it

arvindh said...

These are gorgeous!

V N said...

chanced upon ur blog, and shud say that the pic looks great ~ ur creation, i mean!
:)

constance said...

Thanks :)

lx said...

u look the part, constance ;-) gorgeous!

constance said...

Thanks Alex :)

Evelyn said...

Hi Constance,

This is very good attempt at blending photo into illustrations. I thought you looked really cute in that illo. ^_^

constance said...

thanks eve, actually, that picture of me was taken before you left for Australia, 2 years ago? I have shrunk quite a bit since then :( I have aged....sob! sob!