Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I just added this sketch in (pls note: this is not a proper illustration). Was lamenting to a friend of my predicament and this was 'drooled' in the process. I suddenly thought of an ex-colleague who likes to say: Piece of cake, sir! to the boss whenever he's given a project to do. I can't stand him, and I think my ex-boss' table can't stand the cakes either! Oh well, just to cheer myself up before I buy that blueberry cheesecake!

If I have more money, I'll order a cake...to go with this tea...
...............................
I'm on leave, for 4 days, hoping that I'll be able to come up with a satisfactory style for a project
that I've been putting on hold for 3 months...
Today, is my 3rd day...I have only 1 more day to do
what I'm supposed to do...before I start work again...before my official
duties consume me again...
yet, all that came out from my hand looks entirely different
from what's in my head...
It's really depressing...
...I guess I'll go buy myself and that Shanghai lady above a blueberry cheesecake
to go with our tea later on...
to cheer myself up...and her as well...

9 comments:

michelle giacobello said...

Lovely image!
Good luck with the inspiration. I hope the blueberry cheesecake worked.
Michelle.

penelope said...

Please link to a static page next week by clicking on the date of your entry. :)

A static page is linked to your blog's time and date. Go to your blog, click on the time and date of your post. You'll notice that the window changes to only show that one particular post. That is the url you should use to link to Illustration Friday. That way, in the future, when people go looking for your post, they will find it easily.

Visit the "About" section on Illustration Friday to find out more...

Thank you!

penelope

Jessica Wong said...

A piece of cake! Great idea for this week's topic. Anyway, have I told you that I really like the Shanghai lady illustration very much? :)

Isa said...

cool!! it remins me 40´s movies

troglodyte mignon said...

very nice use of limited color! looks like pictures from the 20s. also you got some interesting (anti-run-of-the-mill) ideas...

constance said...

Thanks!Jessy, Michelle, Isa, Trodlodyte. Penelope, I'm sorry about the static page thing...still figuring out...

Yes, I like how people look, dressed up in China during that glamoruous era...between 20s to 40s....to me, they look really beautiful, mysterious...

wonil said...

I hope you got what you wanted.

your drawings have beautiful moods. and the facial expressions are very attractive. i also like the new drawing, "Piece of cake, sir!", the idea as well as the free style drawing.

sugar fever said...

i adore the ladies in the second drawing...i like the soft effect of your illustrations and their facial expressions...very nice! ~yvette

kimi said...

"Piece of cake, sir!" is combined the free style cartoon drawing with sketching skill. and, about the blueberry cheseecake with chinese tea... mixed with western food & eastern drink, good idea!! :) gambatte!!